Sunday, July 22, 2012

Trains


I have been a railway buff all of my life.  As a small child, we "rode the rails" from Ohio to Delaware to visit family.  Later, my friends and I would ride our bicycles down to the Nickel Plate station in Rocky River to watch the 700-series steam engines thunder past.  Talk about awesome!

On a recent visit to Cleveland's Flats, I stumbled across the yard and roundhouse of the Midwest Railway Preservation Society, a place I had wanted to visit for some time but had never gotten around to.  Two members happened to be working there and invited me into the roundhouse to look around.  Wow!  To a train buff, it was hallowed ground.

These are just a few of the many photos I shot that day.  Hopefully there will be many more as I plan to return.  






 
The organization's website, which is under construction, may be viewed at the following link. http://www.midwestrailway.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment