Thursday, July 12, 2012

Options



Digital has had a profound impact on photography, particularly with postproduction.  We have a multitude of options today that would have been unimaginable with film.  But that blessing comes with a price.  Sometimes all those options can be confusing.

A case in point for me is this infrared photograph I took of this young man walking down a desolate street on Cleveland's eastside with the city's skyline in the background.  I liked it but found the overhead wires to be distracting so I decided to take them out in Photoshop.  While I was doing that, I started to play around with the image and came up with these variations.





The problem is that I like all of the images and now I can't decide which one to use. I guess nobody ever told me photography would be easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment